Before switching to an induction cooktop, I had built quite the cookware collection. Naturally, most of them are non-magnetic and, as such, unsuitable for induction cooking. I was distressed since replacing my entire collection would cost a small fortune. I got to learn about heat diffusers. These handy cooking implements are a godsend—they allow me to use every pan and pot on the induction cooktop in my kitchen.
Dig in as I describe the latest addition to my growing collection: the stainless steel induction cooktop adapter plate from Flavio COOK BY NATURE.
Unlike most other adapter plates, this 9.45-inch heat diffuser by Flavio COOK By NATURE is not only made from superior quality materials but features a three-layer construction. It boasts an aluminum core sandwiched between two stainless steel layers for exceptional heat distribution. It’s the primary reason why I love this adapter.
Bundling steel with aluminum is genius because it allows for flawless, even high heating. The robust construction makes for a durable kitchen companion. I have been using the adapter for months under high heat, and it performs flawlessly—no warping, peeling, or deforming.
Since you’re guaranteed no hot spots on the adapter, you get the same level of even heating you would when cooking directly on the cooktop. This induction diffuser will help you achieve the high temperatures you need to brown, sear, or caramelize your food without ever ruining the quality of your dishes.
One look is all it takes to understand that this heat diffuser is a functional work of art. It features a clean, minimalist design with a signature look with an engraved brand name on the top. I particularly love the detachable handle—the thoughtful design feature adds a layer of convenience to my cooking experience.
The handle’s ergonomic construction allows for a seamless transition from the stovetop to the serving or storage. At 9.45 inches, this compact adapter is incredibly versatile. It readily accommodates a range of non-magnetic pot and pan sizes, from small saucepans to large frying pans. I love that you can effortlessly adapt it to suit your culinary needs.
Are you worried about the huge cost of replacing all your non-induction pans? Don’t be—this adapter plate is compatible with virtually every metallic cookware in your kitchen. I tested every pot and pan that failed the magnetic test on this heat diffuser, and I am wildly impressed. Despite its small size, this adapter plate is compatible with the largest pots in my collection. Whether making an omelet or beef stroganoff, you can count on this adapter plate for the best results.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Ah, cleaning the bane of my culinary experience. Since I am a little short on elbow grease and patience, a core requirement when buying a new cookware must be dishwasher safe. Since this diffuse plate checks that box, I only leave it to cool after use before popping it into the dishwasher for a hassle-free cleaning.
However, the shiny stainless surface tends to be yellow with continued usage. Therefore, don’t expend your precious energy trying to scrub it off, or worse, toss your adapter into the garbage can. If you prefer washing by hand, a little dishwashing soap and a scouring pad are all you need to keep the adapter and the cooktop sparkling after every use.
Ease of Use
Using a heat diffuser doesn’t get easier than this. Although you may use your new stainless steel adapter right out of the box, I prefer to wash my cookware before the first use. Plop the clean and dry adapter on the cooktop, turn it on, and place the non-induction pot, and you’re ready to go.
The detachable handle makes for easy handling and sets the adapter apart. Since it’s made from stainless steel, the adapter gets pipping hot after use. Slip in the handle and confidently move the adapter off the cooktop—no mittens are needed.
Delivery and Return
I got a Flavio COOK BY NATURE adapter plate from Amazon, which arrived at my doorstep a few days later. If I’d known how efficient this adapter was, I’d have gladly paid for same-day delivery instead of the standard shipping, which takes 4 to 5 days. I am glad I didn’t need to return this product, but Amazon’s policies allow you to return it and ask for a replacement or a refund within 30 days.
Pros and Cons of the Stainless Steel Induction Cooktop Adapter Plate
Pros – What I Like
- The Flavio COOK BY NATURE features an aluminum core sandwiched between two stainless steel layers for optimal heat distribution. The unique composition allows for efficient heat transfer. The lack of cold spots guarantees an exceptional steak searing, browning, and caramelizing experience when using this heat diffuser.
- The durable stainless steel construction guarantees longevity; you can expect this plate to serve you for many years. It won’t warp, deform, or peel under high heat. However, you must clean it after every use—even a light wipe down—to maximize lifespan. Always leave it to cool down before placing it in water or the dishwasher.
- The Flavio COOK BY NATURE heat diffuser is compatible with all the non-magnetic cookware in my kitchen. It works seamlessly with many saucepans, pans, and pots. I am thrilled it allows me to use my green pans on the induction cooktop.
- Cleaning this adapter plate is a breeze—a godsend for someone who loves a clean cooking space. The stainless steel surface is stain-resistant; a quick wipe-down with a damp cloth or sponge can suffice. Am stokes that you can even pop into the dishwasher if you need a thorough clean.
- The Flavio COOK BY NATURE heat diffuser is eligible for returns, replacement, or refunds. I love this in a cookware brand because you’ll never be stuck with a faulty product. I am in the process of building an induction-ready cookware collection and have no room for inferior products.
Cons – What I Don’t Like
- The adapter plate turns yellow with time. Although the manufacturer says it’s normal and doesn’t affect the product’s heating efficiency, the yellowing can be a turn-off. The silver color of the untainted adapter gives it a majestic feel; the yellowing ruins it.
- Due to its small size, this adapter plate may deliver suboptimal results with oversized pots and pans. It produces uneven heating with larger cookware and requires additional monitoring to avoid uneven cooking.
- I am miffed that the induction plate adapter takes a tad longer to heat up and achieve the correct temperature. While this remains a concern, I haven’t seen a major change in my electric bill.
- Like all diffuser plates, the Flavio COOK BY Nature adapter will undermine the energy efficiency while cooking on an induction cooktop. You’ll need to set the temperature higher than usual since some heat is lost. However, that’s a small trade-off compared to using my favorite pots on the induction cooktop.
- You must be careful not to drag the adapter when placing or removing it from the induction stovetop. Otherwise, this adapter may scratch the glass cooktop surface, ruining its efficiency and aesthetics. With time, the scratches may deepen and turn into cracks, which may lower the lifespan of your precious induction cooktop.
Get the Flavio COOK BY NATURE stainless steel adapter if you can only get one heat diffuse for your induction cooktop. It’s a stunning and functional work of art that’ll help you harness all the benefits of induction cooking. Sleek, innovative, and sturdily built, this adapter plate makes all your non-magnetic cookware induction-ready. It’s easy to use, dishwasher friendly, and heats evenly without hotspots if you size the pots right. It’s ideal for saucepans, pots, and pans. Consider the Bialetti stainless steel induction adapter if you need a heat diffuser for your coffee pots.
What Purpose Does the Flovia Cook Adapter Plate Serve for Induction Cooktops?
The Flovia Cook Stainless Steel Induction Cooktop Adapter Plate allows you to use non-induction cookware on an induction cooktop. It acts as a heat transfer bridge between the cooktop and cookware.
How Does the Flovia Cook Adapter Plate Work on an Induction Cooktop?
The stainless steel adapter plate becomes magnetized when placed on the induction cooktop, which induces a current and heat. This heat then transfers to the non-magnetic cookware above, enabling it to heat up.
What Cookware Types Can be Used With the Flovia Cook Adapter Plate?
The adapter plate allows non-magnetic stainless steel, aluminum, copper, and other cookware to be used if the base is flat and makes flush contact with the entire plate surface.
What Safety Best Practices Should be Followed When Using the Adapter Plate?
Ensure cookware and plate stability, use pot holders for handling due to heat, and avoid overhangs that could potentially damage the cooktop surface.
Can the Adapter Plate Cause Damage to My Induction Cooktop Over Time?
With proper usage, and following guidelines, it should not cause damage. However, oversized cookware that extends beyond the plate edges could increase the risk somewhat.